In this episode of Trust Company Talks, hosts Bill Noble and Burke Koonce are joined by Edward Saracino, senior portfolio specialist with Vanguard Financial Advisor Services, a longstanding investment partner of Trust Company of the South. During the conversation, Noble, Koonce and Saracino share insights on the current financial market, the pros and cons of different types of portfolio construction, and Vanguard’s role as a resource to Trust Company clients.
Some of the specific topics discussed include:
- The current macro environment and predictions for inflation, rate hikes and a potential recession
- Saracino’s experience over the last 20 years working with Vanguard and the organizational structure of the Vanguard Financial Advisory Services Division
- The pros and cons of an actively managed packaged solution, such as a Vanguard fund or ETF
- The importance of portfolio diversification for growing and protecting wealth
- Why Vanguard recommends an increasingly higher percentage allocated to international investments
- Commonly held misconceptions some may have regarding their investments, i.e. the 60/40 portfolio and whether or not it is “dead”
As always, if you have any questions about Trust Company’s approach to investment management, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Trust Company Talks is a production of Trust Company of the South, one of the premier wealth management firms in the Southeast. Trust Company is a privately held firm based in Greensboro, NC, with offices in Charlotte and Raleigh. You can find more episodes of Trust Company Talks on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Google Podcasts. Receive the episodes as soon as they premiere by subscribing today.